I’ve gotta tell you, these pretty much blew my mind: dried apricots all dressed up in dark chocolate with a sprinkle of sea salt. All the bases are covered and they took no more than 20 minutes to make.
These were inspired by Fed and Fit and my life will never be the same. 🍏
- Melt some dark chocolate in a double boiler
- Dip dried apricots into the melted chocolate and lay out on a parchment-lined baking tray
- Sprinkle a small amount of sea salt on the chocolatey side of each apricot
- Let the chocolate harden at room temperature
- Indulge, share and feel like a kitchen conqueror
PLEASE READ THIS PART: Small amounts of water getting into your chocolate while it is melting will cause it to seize up and harden. This is frustrating and can result in a lot of wasted chocolate. To melt chocolate, place it in a DRY oven-safe bowl. Place the bowl on top of a pot of water, ensuring that steam cannot escape the pot and condense into your chocolate. Do NOT cover your melting bowl. Heat up the water gently, ensuring it does not boil (no boil, no steam, no problem). Stir once in a while. You could also use your microwave, but where would the fun be in that?
Looking for more Simply Family Food recipes? I’m sharing the five most popular recipes from Simple Family Food (that even your picky eater will love) in one awesome download, delivered right to your inbox! Click below now to get your copy.